Friday, April 8, 2011

Triple Layer Brownies

So I think that everyone will understand how I feel when I say these were made in a weak moment lol. I had one of those sudden and intense cravings for something chocolate! I just needed it and I needed alot of it. These seriously hit the spot! The crust was amazing and added a unique twist to a regular brownie. Jason and I had one and then I cut the rest up for Jason's office (military co workers). Jason told me they were gone with in minutes so I guess that is a good sign.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
**Not the best picture but it does the job lol**

Ingredients

1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted


FILLING:
1/2 cup butter
2 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup 2% milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt


FROSTING:
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted *I used semi sweet*
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon 2% milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed until blended. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Remove from the heat; stir in the sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the chocolate mixture until smooth. Pour over crust.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool on wire rack.

In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cooled brownies.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ash! I featured your recipe here at Coffee and their Kisses. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from your newest google follower/s via coffee and their kisses. We were both featured on their post today.
    Karima from
    www.karimascrafts.com
    and
    www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete