Saturday, February 26, 2011

White Chicken Enchiladas

So Courtney over at sweet tooth posted this recipe and it looked really good so I wanted to try it of course changing the recipe to suit my tastes =D I am a huge homemade Mexican food fan. I don't like the food at regular Mexican restaurants for some reason but when I can make my own I love it. Strange I know. Anyways this recipe is super spicy so be sure to add or subtract spices to suit your own tastes. Enjoy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ingredients:

* 8 flour tortillas
* 4 ounces cream cheese ( I used 1/3 less fat kind)
* 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup milk, divided
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin ( Used less than this because its so powerful and I don't like how it tastes)
* 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast ( I boiled my chicken and then shredded it)
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (add in whatever veggies you want)
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I got a big block of cheese and shredded my own)

Directions:

1. Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and cumin until smooth. Stir in chicken. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté onions and peppers until softened. Stir into chicken mixture.
2. In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne and remaining milk. Stir 2 tablespoons soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
3. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. ENJOY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

Post a Comment